Saturday, 16 April 2016

The Grimm Tales

The Complete Fairy Tales
Author: The Brother's Grimm
Publisher: Several!
Release date: Days gone by...

Blurb (I'm not sure this book even has a blurb, so let's stick with a run down): Everyone knows who the Brother's Grimm were - Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm are legendary for their tales, and we all know them in some way shape or form!  So, as seen as my blog is everything Disney at the moment for the competition and give away, I thought we'd go back to the roots for the book review!  

Let's talk about the cover: There are so many covers for this book that I wouldn't be able to cover them all in a short write up.  SO, I picked the purple cover purely because it is the most popular one when it is searched for on Amazon.  My own version of this book is the red copy to the right.  This was a gift from my baby sister one Christmas, and I loved it the moment I saw it.  I didn't choose a cover when I mentioned wanting it, but she came up trumps as always.  I love this cover, it is beautifully decorated in gold on the red background and has an image from one of the fairy tales on the front.  The book is hardback and solid, just like the tales that have been the groundwork of all of our childhoods!  Elegance in it's purest form.

Review: Now I would be a liar if I said that I had actually read this book cover to cover, but over the years I have read a good percentage of it.  We all have our favourites, and mine will always be Sleeping Beauty and Little Red Riding Hood, though it is full of the original classics like Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Rapunzel and many others that we all know and love.  Many of the fairy tales we know are Disney based, but anyone who knows their facts knows that most of the tales belonged originally to the Grimm Brothers.  Their tales are much darker and more twisted than the Disney classics that we all grew up with, however they had some of the same messages if you looked between the lines.  Personally I love these fairy tales, and this book is still one of my go to pick ups when I am feeling down.  Between the pages of a fairy tale are the places that a girl can still find comfort, even at the age of twenty six.  

Rating: 5 Stars
~~~ * ~~~

All opinions are my own and not encouraged by the authors, editors, publishers or any other company involved in the production of the book mentioned in the above post.

Click on the image of the book cover to go to Amazon where you can purchase your own copy of the book and follow the link set on the author's name to head over to their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment